thought id give a little extra pros and cons of the two jackets i posted yesterday.
1) Deus x Dainese Jacket
+ Established brand (both Deus and Dainese)
+ Simple styling
+ Will look good with almost anything
+ Available in brown and black
+ Discrete Branding
+ My current jacket is a Dainese so i know roughly how it will fit
+ Currently on offer (not by much though)
+ Black 100% cotton quilted lining
- Made god knows where, last i heard Dainese moved their production to tunisia
- Not available in Europe so i will have to import it and pay tax on it
- Returns will be near impossible
= Comes with free Deus patches, i have a lot of patches i have got with products, and i still don’t know what to attach them to
2) Black Skulls Jacket
+ British Brand
+ Classic motorcycle styling
+ Made in Britain
+ Available with quilted or normal shoulders
+ Available in long or short fits (Im about 6’0” with a long torso)
+ Made to order
+ There is also a centre zip style available
+ Good returns policy
+ Virtually no branding except the label inside
+ Gorgeous British racing green quilted lining
- 6 week waiting period
- Only comes in black
- Might clash with my supermoto
= Brand seems to be very friendly with Alex Turner (not sure if pro or a con, but interesting none the less)
+ Are leather, and after driving around in my vintage motorcycle jacket, it has made me realise textile just doesn’t hold a candle.
+ Come in Black, i already have a textile, and a brown jacket, so a black one would be a nice addition.
- Shy away from revealing how much protection they provide. Black skulls just says it provides “protection”, Dainese outright dodges the question. This is not a major issue though as i am not looking for a long distance jacket, rather one i can go from village to village in or around town in, anything further and my Dainese power ranger jacket goes on regardless of how hot it is.
- Are pricey, with Black skulls just being that bit ahead. (Dainese actual price is quite a bit lower, but its shipping and taxes once it gets to me will make the difference marginal, which kind of annoys me as i don’t want to spend more money for a cheaper product. I have been saving for a jacket though, so spending money on a good one is not to big of an issue.
Thats all i can think of up to now
Are peoples opinions still the same on which one i should choose?